Have you been inspired by this vision?
Want to support the campaign?
Then please read on…
To make the vision a reality, we need three types of supporters:
- Campaign supporters: to write a letter of support stating they would frequent the new hub @ the Lit and express why you feel this is what Egham needs;
- Users/hirers: of the hall to write letters of intent that they would hire the space for meetings/performances/workshops etc, or be interested in selling products in the market space;
- Volunteers: to offer active hands-on help to deliver some of the more practical needs of making this vision a reality
- Trustees: to sit on a new Charitable Incorporated Organisation to lead the campaign, own the Business Plan and raise the funds and public support needed for this project to succeed.
We have identified the following skills, knowledge and experience needed in the make-up of the Board of Trustees:
- Business start-ups
- Event management and promotion
- Community Services
- Project Management
Who is already involved?
This project is championed by a number of our local Runnymede Borough Councillors, as well as The Egham Museum, Egham Town Team, Egham Residents Association, Egham Chamber of Commerce, Voluntary Support North Surrey and Royal Holloway University of London Volunteering.
If you can support this campaign in any of the ways outlined above, please go to our Sign-Up page for details on how best to do this.